Depending on your level of expertise, there’s a wide range of projects that can help you better understand the complex and layered obstacles and how to solve them. More so, these projects start simple and range in the level of difficulties – from novice freelancers to professional developers.
Here are some tips for beginners working on practice projects:
Start with the basics first – have a firm understanding of how everything works and how to solve small and simple issues before moving onto bigger things.
Have cycled testing – test your code beforehand and do it regularly to ensure you’re still on the right track and that if any glitches or errors occur in the testing phase, you can easily fix them.
Make use of tools that can help you solve issues – depending on the error or issue and the level of severity. There are certain tools and platforms which can assist you in detecting problems and find solutions for them.
- Changing the background color of a website or mobile app.
- Modify and change the HEX Color.
- Insert a random quote.
- Inserting a counter to lower or add count.
These coding projects all took about 5-10 minutes to complete with limited effort and are quite easy to understand once you have access to the source code from GitHub.
The next few projects have a bit more complexities to them and can about 20 minutes to almost 3 hours to complete from start to finish.
- Adding testimonials and quotes.
- Creating grocery carts and shopping lists.
- Setting up a ‘to-do list’.
- Creating simple and user-friendly content for a coffee shop or car dealership.
- Creating a course form for an online school or university.
- Inserting a BMI calculator.
- Creating a weight conversion “calculator”.
- Building a 2D breakout game – this has some interesting and tricky things to comprehend in the beginning, but once you know the ins and outs, it becomes a lot easier to do.
- Creating an interactive quiz.
- Building a ‘whack-a-mole’ game.
- Combining different elements to build a recipe App.
Although the above projects might seem a bit overwhelming and too complex to do, especially if you’re starting, you can always begin and return to them at a later stage.
These and other great projects are available on JSBeginner, and we thought they’re the perfect blend of traditional and modern coding. Once you start your project, you’ll notice that you will have the ability to access both the Source Code and GitHub Source Files.