A long-term Reddit marketing strategy is not quick or easy, however, there are a few simple things you can do on Reddit today that will create immediate results.
3 Things You Shouldn’t Do
Before we tell you what you should do, here are three things that people often want to do on Reddit that rarely produce the results they are looking for.
1. DO NOT submit your link(s) to a subreddit. Reddit can drive enormous amounts of traffic to a website, however, your link submissions will probably go unnoticed and too many submissions could get you banned.
2. DO NOT do a Reddit AMA without proper planning. A successful AMA requires that you have a deep understanding of the platform and the value you are offering to the Reddit community. Executing an AMA without doing the proper planning could make you look bad and be a waste of your time.
3. DO NOT launch your own subreddit without an audience. Starting your own subreddit and growing it to become an active community will take months if you do not have an audience that is eager to join your subreddit. Don’t waste your time launching a subreddit until you fully understand how it will deliver value and how you can seed it with users.
3 Quick and Easy Reddit Marketing Tips
These actions may not get you the astronomical results you are looking for, but they will help you get started marketing on Reddit the right way. As you learn more about the platform and become a contributing member, you will have more opportunities to reap the marketing benefits Reddit has to offer.
1. Do a search for your business on reddit. If anyone is talking about you, record what they are saying and jump into the conversation if appropriate. You can also search for competitors to see what consumers are saying about them. You can search Reddit at reddit.com/search.
You also should try searching in a specific subreddit that is related to your niche.
2. Ask for feedback. Find a relevant subreddit, share your work, and ask for feedback. When done properly, Reddit is a source of high-quality feedback that can improve your business.
For example, click here to read how Arcadia Ales received feedback about their business from local customers.
3. Create an ad. Reddit Ads are a quick and easy way to put your submission at the top of any subreddit. If you really want to promote a product or link, use the Reddit self-serve advertising platform to do so. Before starting an ad campaign on reddit, make sure you read our guide to self-serve Reddit advertising.
TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read)
You should not expect much from Reddit without putting in the time to become a contributing member of a community that is related to your business. However, there are a few basic things you can do to achieve marketing results on reddit. You can test the waters by searching reddit, asking for feedback, and creating an advertisement.